Obviously some days we can’t or don’t want to leave the house so I’ve listed some ideas I’ve done:
1. Doing the family tree
2. Playing with sand
3. Making shapes with the left over puff pastry for a pie!
7. Hide and seek
9. Glow in the dark kits
10. Using clay to make models
11. Blowing bubbles or silly challenges!!
12. Make slime for hand play
13. Educational games like puzzles.
15. Coloured chalk outside
16. Temporary tattoos
17. Water balloon fighting
19. Board games/puzzles
22. Mini volcanoes science kit
24. Make perfume using flowers in water
25. Baking ginger bread cookies!
26. Colouring books and sticking.
29. Playing with dolls.
31. Puppet making
32. Crystle making
33. Learning about animals.
34. Finding ways to manage behaviour.
35. Home schooling with simple activity books.
36. Imaginative play! Playing shops is always fun.
41. Loom bands – my daughter loves them and these are more fun as involve air clay to make your own charms.
42. Pamper time – bonding with your children over coloured nails!
43. Photography – my son is currently obsessed with dinosaurs and wanted to copy a photo I did of Winnie with a rose for Valentine’s Day so picked my amarilyis to emulate the photo (wasn’t that annoyed as the plant had 5 buds grown and were dying off)
44. Set up a muddy car wash
46. Clean the toys.
47. Fill a container with water and hold a Polly Pocket pool party.
48. Build a dolls house or fairy garden.
49. Treasure hunt.
50. Finger paint with shaving cream on an old, outdoor table.
Catch us on Youtube for other activities!!
For more ideas like this check out these blogs:
- Campbell Read and Play Book Parties / Kids Activities
- Going to baby group and being in a nightclub is the same thing, here’s 10 reasons why
- Importance of sensory play with Zimpli Kids Bath Slime | Review.
- Snooze Squad Louth / Why sleepovers are great
- 15 Egg-citing Easter Craft Ideas / Meaning of Easter
- Games to play with babies up to 12 months – TRIED AND TESTED.
- Hape Toys exploring the world of Bamboo toys
- Best age appropriate Toys 1 to 6. What is play?
- Be My bear! The bear for you!
- #TheChristmasCarrot not #ElfontheShelf / Gift Ideas for kids / Christmas Activities / Poetry / Charity / Whats the Meaning of Christmas?
- Eat, Sleep, Doodle – how drawing can help education and motor skills.