Thank you to Alex Silver PR for gifting me these three fantastic items just in time for Easter! This blog post is going to be a review on all three plus in depth tips on how to apply your falsies!
APPLYING LASHES TOP TIPS
1. Trim your falsies
The key is to trim a little bit at a time – remember, you can always take off more, but there’s no going back if you take off too much! After each trim, place the lashes back on your eye to make sure it’s the perfect fit.
2. Start with a thin band
If you’re a falsie beginner like myself, opting for a set of false lashes with a thin band will make your life SO much easier. Not only are they more flexible to apply, but they’ll also feel much lighter on your eyes and slightly more comfortable than those with a thicker band.
3. Look down
Before applying false lashes, place a mirror in a position that allows you to look down. Why? It lets you see right to the base of your lashes and makes it so much easier to place it on the lash line
4. Let the glue get tacky
If you put glue on a lash and immediately try to apply it, it’ll move all over the place and you’ll end up with a gluey mess on your lid – as this is what I did oops!
5. Use a lash applicator
By this I mean something like tweezers although saying lash applicator as it sounds more professional and I’ve just learnt online they actually sell a lot lash applicators – click this link to go to Google so you can browse. Tweezers can gently swipe any lashes from under the band before I stick it down firmly.
FIVE REASONS TO BUY FALSE LASHES
1. They’re Safe when applied correctly
2. They’re Fun – Popping on a pair of falsies make your eyes stand out and boost your confidence. They’re a great way to accent a smoky cat eye or bring attention to fabulous bold brows. You can accent them with crystals or sparkly mascara. Plus since they’re black, they’ll look good with any outfit!
3. They’re an all-in-one – When you buy some lashes you have to purchase lashes, glue, and application tools separately. This KISS product box on their site comes complete with lashes, safe for everyday use glue, and a dual ended application tool all in one box. The KISS Wispy lashes I received just comes with aloe vera glue.
4. They’re Versatile
With loads of styles to choose from, you can find false lashes for any look you’d like to create. Pick a barely there pair for a subtle look or something soft and dramatic for a bolder look. You can trim your lashes to fit your eyes or cut them in half for just an accent on the outer corners.
5. They’re Reusable
You’ll be able to get several more uses out of your falsies, not sure how many as I haven’t tested that yet!
KISS SO WISPY LASHES 02
KISS Lash Couture So Wispy, Tapered End Technology, lightweight lashes that blend seamlessly with your own.
I’ve done some research to see if they are cruelty free as couldn’t find much information on the packet or their site but checked PETA and they are listed on there as cruelty free.
Revolutionary Tapered End Technology delivers real-like lashes that blend seamlessly with your own lashes!
HOW TO APPLY
1. Check fit: Lay lash on top of your natural lash. Trim if needed.
2. Apply KISS Strip Lash Adhesive to lash band; wait 30 seconds for adhesive to become slightly clear and tacky.
3. Apply lashes along the natural lash line. Hold, allowing adhesive to dry completely.
HOW TO REMOVE
Use oil-based makeup remover to remove excess adhesive from eyelid.
HOW TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR LASHES
1. Apply mascara BEFORE you apply lashes. This allows for multiple wearings, since the falsies aren’t coated with mascara.
2. Go easy on the lash glue. Apply a thin sliver along the lash band; wait for it to become full tacky before applying lashes to prevent wet glue from smudging on your eye or the lashes.
3. After wearing, peel excess glue from the lash band. Rinse lashes with lukewarm soapy water, then place them on the original packaging tray to dry.
4. Retain the tray and box your falsies come in for storage that keeps them free of dust and germs.
5. Don’t use cotton pads to remove lashes; the fibers can stick to lash glue residue. Use a washcloth with oil-free remover to moisten the lashes for removal instead.
To Help Lashes Wear Better:
1. Make sure the false eyelashes are trimmed to fit the size and curve of your eyes so the ends don’t lift up.
2. To prevent the lashes from lifting at the corners, add a bit more glue to each end so it stays secure.
3. After applying glue, wait 20-30 seconds until it becomes tacky. This provides a firmer hold and prevents wet glue from smudging along your eyelids and lashes.
Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Warnings or Restrictions
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Avoid contact with eyes, if contact occurs, wash immediately with lukewarm water. Do not use if you are suffering from eye inflammation or conjunctivitis.
10 STEP GUIDE TO FALSE NAILS
1. Find your correct size.
All nails are not the same. Thankfully, lots of manicure kits come with multiple size options so you can get the most realistic look. If you’re a false nails newbie, choose a kit with lots of sizing options until you become familiar with a brand that has the best size for you.
2. Don’t forget about your cuticles.
Your cuticles may be small, but they’re still an important part of your mani. Gently push them back before you apply your fake nails so they’re properly prepped. However, save the cuticle oil for another time because that could potentially mess up the nail glue securing the falsies properly.
3. Ensure that your own nails are prepped.
Applying false nails starts with your own nails, not the acrylic ones. Make sure you’re not wearing any old polish. You can then file your nails so they’re all roughly the same shape and size.
4. Consider the curve of your false nails.
Don’t get so focused on length that you forget about the curve. Some false nails are very straight while others have a curved design. Think about what you want your final look to be and what is going to be the easiest for doing all of your jobs. Read: Typing and washing the dishes.
5. Think about the look you want.
Do you want a natural finish or do you want something fun? If you’re craving a bit of capoowww, try a set of acrylic nails that is painted or already has nail art. It’ll save you time!
6. You will probably have to reshape the bottom of the nails.
You know that you have to trim and file the top part of your falsies, but you might not realize that you’ll probably have to do the same thing to the bottom. Everyone’s nail beds are different so no acrylic nail shape is going to fit yours perfectly. Use a nail file and manicure scissors to mold your acrylic nails to mimic your actual nail shape for the most realistic finish.
7. Allow the glue to dry fully.
You spent all that time applying your fake nails, so make sure you give them enough time to “set.” Letting your falsies dry fully is just as important as letting your nail polish dry. Therefore, try to resist the urge to pick up your phone.
8. Try to maintain them.
If you applied falsies, don’t completely ignore them until it’s time to take them off. Do a quick check of them in your morning routine to ensure they’re all still adhering properly.
9. You HAVE to remove them properly.
Don’t start ripping off those fake nails because that can damage your own digits. Follow the instructions on the back of your fake nails’ package. Some suggest soaking your nails in nail polish remover while others recommend using a product especially designed to remove falsies.
10. Show your nails some TLC when you take off your false nails.
What you do after you take off your falsies is just as important as your prep work as they can look/feel damaged. Show your nails some love by leaving them plain for a bit and applying a strengthener and/or cuticle oil (or if you’re me just oil you apply on your face to hands and nails too!)
KISS GEL NAILS COLOUR NUDE
- 24 nails
- 24 mega adhesive tabs
- Pink gel glue (2g)
- Mini file, manicure stick
The KISS company are not 100% cruelty free “nail glue is not vegan as we do have some products using animal source” If you click here you can see that they do have cruelty free products though.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Select the correct size nail for each finger and set aside in order.
2. Holding glue upright, gently twist off cap.
3. Apply think coat of glue onto back area where it will come into contact with your nail. Be sure to apply enough glue for proper adhesion.
4. Align artificial nail over edge of cuticle and slowly lower onto natural nail; hold firmly until set.
5. Using paper towel, wipe any excess glue from skin before it dries.
HOW TO REMOVE
Nails: ABS Plastic.; Glue: Ethyl Cyanoacrylate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, BHA.
Size (0) Unit (EA) Height (14) Width (7.7) Depth (2.5)
Warnings or Restrictions
Warning: Cyanoacrylate. Danger – Bonds Skin and eyes and seconds. Keep out of the reach of children. Causes skin irritation. Causes eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation. If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do so. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water then gently peel apart. Seek medical attention. Avoid breathing vapors. Use only as directed. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Do not use if nail or surrounding skin is damaged or inflamed.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST…
HEMPZ BEAUTY TRIPLE MOISTURE HERBAL WHIPPED CREME BODY WASH
Can’t recommend these products enough as they just smell fantastic! This fragrance is Enchanted Grapefruit.
They are enriched with 100% Pure Natural Hemp Seed Oil which helps provide skin hydration and nourishment plus Paraben-Free, Gluten-Free, 100% Vegan, Cruelty Free and THC-free.
This brand has confirmed that they don’t test on animals during the production of their products. They also don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law. Hempz isn’t certified by any official cruelty-free organizations and isn’t owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Hydrating Yangu Oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that help protect and retain firm skin
Conditions and hydrates dry, mature skin, helping to revive skin’s healthy radiance
Helps provide dramatic skin hydration and nourishment
Vitamins A, C and E help protect skin from natural and environmentally triggered oxidants.
Hope you all treat yourself this Spring!