I’ve suffered PND, abusive relationships, being cheated on and currently my weight issues.
Now, instead of people actually thinking of reasons behind my 4 stone weight gain – 4 dress sizes – all I’ve had is judgement and people walking off saying “God, shes packed it on” – hilarious.
Over the past 3 and a half years I’ve entirely neglected myself, I had to leave my job, I lost ‘friends’ (not friends really) I had another child by myself, my mental health and self esteem suffers to the point I hermit myself. I don’t socialise. I avoid humans because of my appearance and how low I feel in myself.
What really annoys me about social media is the fake bleeding hearts, such as, elusive statuses and “PM me hun” or the ones sharing mental health pages as if they actually care.. when in fact.. They don’t.
Basically, my point is. Humans can be dicks and sometimes just see the bigger picture.
We are always changing as humans. Always evolving.
Situations don’t stay the same and people don’t always react to a situation how YOU want them to.
If you actually want to make a difference in society start by NOT being a judgemental cunt.
Mental health isn’t a fad and while there is nothing wrong with supporting mental health awareness, there are loads of people who claim to have such illnesses or disorders like depression, anxiety, OCD, etc just to get attention, sympathy, and privilege.
People show their true colours eventually and unfortunately people only understand from their level of perception.
All it takes is one act of kindness.
15 Positive quotes
1.“Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.”
— Charles Bukowski from “Gamblers All”
2. “There’s only us. There’s only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way, no day but today.” — “No Day But Today,” Rent
3. “Promise me you’ll always remember — you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin from “Winnie the Pooh”
4. “Start by doing what’s necessary, then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”
5. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” — Elisabeth Kübler-Ross from “Death: The Final Stage of Growth“
6. “Not a famous quote, but I had a doctor in college who told me to try to leave the house every day. For 25 years that’s helped me. Sometimes I just go to the mailbox or the store, but that’s enough. It helps to break the cycle when I’m stuck.” — Rue Brown
7. “Your illness is not your identity. Your chemistry is not your character.” — Pastor Rick Warren
8. “You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have the right to be here.” — Max Ehrmann from “Desiderata: A Poem for a Way of Life”
9. “I believed in my capacity to stand back up and run into the waves again and again, no matter the risk.” — Terry Tempest Williams from “When Women Were Birds: Fifty-four Variations on Voice”
10. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” — Fredrick Douglas from his “West India Emancipation” speech
11. “I have come to realize making yourself happy is most important. Never be ashamed of how you feel. You have the right feel any emotion you want, and do what makes you happy.” — Demi Lovato in a interview with Seventeen
12. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” — Oscar Wilde from “An Ideal Husband”
13. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
14. “Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.” — Ovid
15. “Your days are like pages, the chapters unread; you have to keep turning, your book has no end.” — “Glass Hearts,” by Of Mice & Men.
In case you needed some positive vibes: