First photo is the insta-expectation of taking a photo of an animal. The rest of the photos are the reality (on my instagram)
This is Dudley dog with his food trial of @wellbelovedpets 1.5kg dog food gifted as a product review by @triyituk (which anyone can join up to as long as you partake in the reviews!)
Dudley is a jack-a-poo and the most placid dog, he’s great with the kids and a giant softy. A jack-a-poo is a mix of Jack Russell and poodle. In the past my parents had a Jack Russell called Hughie and he passed away at a grand old age.
On to the dog food – he likes it! Quite difficult to do a product review for a dog but he likes the food!
James Wellbeloved Turkey and Vegetable Small Breed Grain Free is a complete dry food that is hypoallergenic.
• Containing turkey as the protein source, and selected carbohydrate sources of pea and potato, this is a dietetic food, perfect for the reduction of ingredient and nutrient intolerances. It’s suggested that the food be tried for a trial of 3-8 weeks. If the signs of the food intolerance disappear, continue feeding indefinitely.
• Made with natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals. Free from artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, and no cereals.
•Single meat protein of Turkey that is complemented with flavoursome turkey fat and turkey gravy.
•Promotes a healthy and glossy coat.
•Helps to reduce stool odour.
•Helps to maintain a healthy guy flora.
• Supports the heart, joints and immune system.
Turkey meal (25.5%), pea starch (25.4%), potato flakes (25.4%), tomato pomace (5.1%),turkey fat (4.2%), whole linseed, turkey gravy (2.9%), peas (2.7%), alfalfa meal, carrots, seaweed (0.5%), chicory pulp, pea fibre, omega supplement*, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, parsley (0.125%), nettles (0.125%), chicory extract (0.1%),taurine (0.1%), calcium carbonate, glucosamine (0.045%), yucca extract (0.02%), chondroitin (0.005%).* from fish oil.
Check their website for more details.
Their Stock list.
According to petreviewer.com “Based on our research (FDA, AVMA, DogFoodAdvisor), we have no information that James Wellbeloved has ever been involved in a recall. We can not find any information on whether James Wellbeloved participates in animal testing.”
Their company Statement – “James Wellbeloved do no use any invasive methods of testing, the only testing we do is concerned with the palatability of our products. Please find below a copy of our company statement.
In view of recent stories in the press about cruel animal testing by pet food companies, James Wellbeloved would like to make the following statement:
1. We undertake no testing on animals other than that which is concerned with the palatability of our foods. Much of our palatability testing takes place on pets owned by members of staff at home. Because the tests involve the animals concerned in trying a number of different and tasty foods, they normally enjoy the tests very much!
2. No test interferes in any unnatural way with the physiology of the animal nor produces any distress in that animal.
3. During the palatability tests, we take scientific measurements concerned with the quantities eaten and the speed and eagerness of eating. We also make subsequent analyses of naturally excreted stool and urine to ensure that our foods are as healthy as possible. These are the only scientific measurements that we undertake.
4. We are a company of animal lovers and most of our staff have pets themselves. We view the welfare and happiness of pets as being of the greatest importance. The thought of harming any pet for commercial reasons is therefore abhorrent to us and would be totally contrary to the ethic of the company.
I hope this has answered your queries and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again
Photo credit 📷 Cheryl Shaw.