𝗥𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗺 𝗔𝗰𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗞𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗗𝗮𝘆 🌻
It was set up in 2010 by Louise Burfitt-Dons who founded the Cool To Be Kind anti-bullying campaign in 2001 and UK Kindness Movement in 2005 and David Jamilly who founded The Good Deeds Organisation in 2005 and went on to found Kindness UK in 2011.
An opportunity to practise compassion and selflessness in your community, performing a random act of kindness and showing compassion has the power to lift someone’s spirits – so imagine what it can achieve on a national scale.
Random Acts Of Kindness are selfless demonstrations of kindness performed at random to anyone, anywhere. It can be carrying someone’s shopping or letting someone know you care.
20 ways to pass kindness forward:
1. Compliment the first three people you talk to.
2. Write a hand-written note to a teacher.
3. Say good morning to the person next to you on the elevator (or if out and about on a walk)
4. Pick up litter. Spend 10 minutes cleaning a park or your neighborhood.
5.Place uplifting notes in library books, on restroom mirrors, on someone’s locker, or on their computer screen.
6.Dedicate 24 hours to spreading positivity on social media.
7. Offer to make a drink for your colleagues.
8.Leave a generous tip.
9. Send flowers to a friend.
10. Set an alarm to go off three times on World Kindness Day. When the alarm sounds, stop what you’re doing a call/text/email someone simply to tell them how awesome they are.
11. Walk your friend’s dog
12. Tell your family members how much you love and appreciate them
13. Help with household chores
14 .Shovel snow for an elderly neighbour
15. Check on someone you know who is going through a tough time
16. Help a friend who wants to get active.
17. Give up your seat to an elderly, disabled or pregnant person.
18.Take a minute to help a tourist who is lost even though you are in a rush
19. Have a conversation with a homeless person.
20. Help a parent carrying a push chair down some stairs or hold the door for them.