How to make Home Made Fishcakes!
450g potatoes 🥔
460g skinless/boneless salmon
1tbsp chopped Dill (I used fresh parsley as no fresh Dill)
2tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 200⁰c/gas 6/400⁰F
2. Peel and chop potatoes.
3. Boil potatoes till soft, drain and set aside.
4. Cut salmon into small fillets and place on a sheet of foil. Dot the butter and bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Cook til the fish is opaque and easy to flake.
6. Remove fish parcel from the oven and mash the potatoes with the juices from the fish (I also added some milk just to loosen up the potatoes a bit)
7. Add the herbs, mayonnaise, fish (check for bones) then mash everything together.
8. Divide the mixture into fishcakes (recipe says 12 but we just made any size)
9. Roll each mixture onto the breadcrumbs then place on a tray, covered, to chill for 30 minutes (won’t lie, I skipped the chilling part)
10. Heat oven to 220⁰c/425⁰F/gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet and arrange fish cakes on it. Brush with melted butter and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden and crisp! (I tried baking in the oven but in the end used to frying pan for a quicker effect)
11. Put on a plate and use whatever vegetables you fancy! (I had it with asparagus and spinach and the children had beans!)
The recipe we use was from the @wildflowerboxes subscription box gifted to us (food not included) Their website is wildflowersubscriptionboxes.co.uk
They do monthly subscription boxes for early years
🌻 Connecting the whole family to nature.
🌻 designed to excite, educate and inspire.
🌻 Perfect ideas for home schooling kids in Lockdown.
(Also posted on my Instagram account)