Whether or not you ran out of eggs or have an egg allergy, below is a tasty treat for you to try! (Be careful not to eat all the dough before it’s baked!)
- Prep – 5 mins
- Cook – 12 mins
- Cooling time – 5 mins
- Serves – 18
- • 125g butter or pure vegetable margarine, softened
- • 125g caster sugar
- • 1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
- • 200g self-raising flour
- • 1 tsp baking powder/soda
- • 1 tbsp milk
- Optional: 2 tbsp coco powder (to make it chocolate)
- Optional : milk chocolate chips or milk chocolate cut into chips or 2 oreos
- Preheat the oven to 180°C ,350°F or gas mark 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar together (with a wooden spoon) in a large bowl until light, fluffy and golden.
- Stir everything together (vanilla, flour, baking powder and chocolate chips or oreos, add the milk and the Coco powder) to make the yummy dough.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a surface and the dough. Roll out the dough and with cookie cutters cut out the shapes and lay them out onto greased, lined baking sheets. Spacing them well apart.
- Place split in half cookies on top of dough pieces.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight tin for up to 2-3 weeks.
You can alter the recipe slightly and maybe add a couple spoons of natural yohurt into the mix or even add chocolate spread and peanut butter on top to cook! Tastes yum!