EASY PEASY HALLOWEEN BAKING WITH THE KIDS
So, as you can see in the cover photo there is Betty Winters Ghost Cupcake kit that was bought from B&M for £1 and an Halloween Pumpkin Biscuit Kit from Aldi ‘create and bake’ for £1.49.
Cheat baking at it’s finest. These instructions are basic and not up to Gordan Ramseys expertise but heyho, who cares.
FOLLOW THE RECIPE ON THE PACKETS
FOR THE CUPCAKES YOU NEED:
- 1 egg
- 25g butter
- Add packet mix into a bowl
- Add ingredients.
- Mix up til smooth.
- Put in the oven at 180c
- Wait to cool.
- Make icing with butter, whip up and either put into an icing tube or just blob on yourself.
- Decorate however you like.
FOR THE PUMPKIN BISCUITS YOU NEED:
- 80g chilled butter
- Use hands to mix the biscuit and butter together.
- Mix til firm.
- Roll out to be able to make 6 pumpkins.
- Cut out your shape.
- Put in oven at 180c.
- Wait til cool.
- Decorate your Pumpkins however you like!
ALL YOUR HALLOWEEN GOODIES READY!
30 IDEAS YOU CAN DO TO SPOOK UP YOUR GOODIES:
- Cut a Banana in half, cover in melted white chocolate and add chocolate buttons for eyes and BOOM ghouls!
- Chocolate coated strawberries dipped in ‘Halloween coloured’ sprinkles.
- Toffee Apple Scream Soreen
- Rice cakes made spooky by splitting in half, adding pre-made butter cream to the middle and two blobs on the top then add eye balls – there’s your monster.
- Cookies cut in half and Red icing added, with mini marshmallows and a shaped almond nut to pretend to be ‘dracula’ food.
- Pick and Mix goodies for a Trick or Treat feel!
- Chocolate covered marshmallows that you can decorate in Halloween themed icing.
- Spiderweb Cake
Jack Skellington Candy Apples
Ghost S’mores Dip
Dead Velvet Cake
Candy Corn Ghost Cupcakes
Spooky Ghost Cookies (same theory as the Pumpkin biscuits)
Halloween Candy Bark – tray bake covered in treats
Reese’s Bats – easy Reeces pieces and oreos cut in half with eyes added to make bats.
Dirt Cake – aka cheese cake.
Jack Skellington Oreo Pops -cover the orea in white chocolate and icing pen to decorate the face.
Pumpkin Patch Brownies
Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
Halloween Jell-O Shots
Mummy Pops – pastry making ‘mummified’ cooked apples.
Jack-o’-Lantern Rice Krispie Treats
Oreo Spider Webs
Halloween Marshmallow Pops
Melted Witch Cake – add cool witches feet cut out to your cake!
- Oranges made into pumpkins using green icing as the stork.
- Spooky pretzels covered in coloured icing and spooky eyes added.
FINISHED CUPCAKES AND BISCUITS!
For more food related posts:
- Pro’s of Cheat Baking! (Shhh!)
- Five sweet Gluten Free Baking Recipes!
- SIX ideas to help reduce sugar and TWENTY-FIVE angelic sweet treats!
- 7 Tips on How Combat Fussy Eaters!
- ELEVEN ways to use a Pumpkin! Perfect for the season.
- Four Bahlsen Recipe Ideas
- 50 Meal Ideas For Your Kiddywinks!
- Jessie Bakes Lactation Mix/products for nursing mamas!
- 20 Benefits of Baking Soda!