WHAT IS PARENT SQUAD?
Parent Squad is a collaboration between Emma’s Diary, a trusted pregnancy and baby resource, and Families Online, a go-to news and reviews site for families across the UK. Together, they will bring people lots of exciting opportunities to discover new products, explore your local area, go on family adventures plus share your experiences with other parents, just like me, through reviews in social media.
There is something for everyone – from expectant parents to parents of tweens.
WHAT IS A MISSION REVIEW?
There are four main types of missions:
- A Test and Review Mission, where Parent Squad members apply to receive products to test and review, or tickets to family events and attractions, free of charge.
- A Top Tips Mission, where Parent Squad members are invited to share their tips to help other families. These tips may be used on the Emma’s Diary or Families websites and social channels.
- A Road Tester Mission, where Parent Squad members are invited to review their local family attractions and share their reviews online on Families Online.
A mission is an assignment set by the Parent Squad to its members which you just need to fill out a form to take part!
Applying for a Mission does not guarantee you being selected to take part in it because of the numbers of people applying and making it so everyone gets a turn.
WHAT DID I RECEIVE TO REVIEW?
For this particular Parent Squad review I was gifted two samples of Palmer’s products – Tummy butter for stretch marks and massage lotion for stretch marks in sample sizes.
CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT PALMER’S?
Palmer’s UK is a proud supporter of Breast Cancer Care and Palmer’s (and its palm oil suppliers) are members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil.
E.T. Browne Drug Company has been headquartered in New Jersey for over 50 years.
This company is one of the longest standing proprietors of skin and hair care products in the United States and has been family owned since the middle of the nineteenth century which has been under the current ownership since 1971
All of Palmer’s products are manufactured in the United States although the cocoa seeds from which the body butter is made are harvester in Indonesia and Papua New Guinea!
Palmer’s has a global presence; available in over 80 countries offering the #1 Cocoa Butter brand in the world. This unique heritage and commitment to quality has stood the test of time, making Palmer’s a trusted household name, used by families for generations.
They are all Paraben free and phthalate free and under the current ownership, the revolutionary brand Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula was created and introduced to the world.
Cocoa butter is a natural moisturizer derived from the cocoa bean. This is the same cocoa bean that brings us chocolate. With Palmer’s, you can enjoy the benefits of natural cocoa without the guilt.
Palmer’s has expanded on its vast knowledge and heritage, developing brand range which brands give them a strong presence in the market such as skin care, pregnancy, skin fade care, and hair care.
Products such as:
- Skin Success
- Shea Formula
- Coconut Oil Formula
- Olive Oil Formula
- Natural Fusions
- Hair Success.
Their products are:
- Dermatologist Approved.
- Free of Mineral Oil
- Paraben free
- Phthalates free
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
ARE THEY SAFE TO USE DURING PREGNANCY?
I used my own bought versions for all my pregnancies and had no issues – if you look at their website it states:
MASSAGE LOTION FOR STRETCH MARKS
It is meant to help improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Pure Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Natural Oils, Collagen, Elastin and Lutein keep skin moisturised and supple for 48 hours allowing skin to stretch more easily and ideal for targeted areas such as tummy, hips, thighs and bust.
The lotion has the added benefit of Shea Butter and is a non greasy formula that helps relieve dryness associated with stretched skin due to pregnancy (or even standard weight gain) and smooth stretch marks due to weight loss.
According to the Palmer’s website:
- Over 98% of women saw improved elasticity based on an 8 week in-home trial by 102 female panellists aged 18-49
- Widely recommended for stretch marks during and after pregnancy or weight fluctuation.
THE KEY INGREDIENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT ARE:
- Cocoa Butter
- Argan Oil
- Shea Butter
TUMMY BUTTER FOR STRETCH MARKS
An extra concentrated ‘butter’ night time treatment specifically designed for pregnancy stretch marks which is also free of Mineral Oil, Parabens and Phthalates.
Widely recommended for stretch marks during and after pregnancy or weight loss. Hypoallergenic and Dermatologist Approved. Suitable for sensitive skin.
The Tummy Butter penetrates as deep as the dryness and helps to restore vital moisture while smoothing marks and toning skin plus smells amazing!
THE KEY INGREDIENTS FOR THIS PRODUCT ARE:
- Argan Oil
- Shea Butter
SOUNDS AMAZING, WHERE CAN I BUY!?
Aside from online you can buy from:
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
Prior to being sent these samples I had already tried the Tummy Butter as I have used them in each pregnancy from my first 9 years ago to my recent child – to me they have a familiar scent of using them post birth and bring happy memories with just the scent alone.
I think they are great products to use – they help soothe itchy, irritated skin from pre-birth to post birth and even if not pregnant I love them!
The Tummy Butter is by far my favourite as it’s thicker, firmer and just feels more luxurious, however, the lotion has more extra added ingredients which I also enjoy plus easier to spread on.
Since using these samples my skin feels smoother and my stretch marks feel less irritated – some are old stretch marks but some recent but I feel regardless of that, your skin needs to be treated and these products do just that.
Remember – Stretch marks are influenced by many factors including diet, skin type and genetics so results will vary from individual to individual.
For more posts on skin care see:
- HIPP Organic ‘FREE FROM’ skincare|REVIEW
- Bemama – product review.
- Mothers Day skincare gifts – high end VS drugstore.
- Kit & Kin Eco Friendly Nappies and Organic Skincare – look after you and our world.
- Willow By The Sea – organic baby products from Australia – Tea bath and oil review.
- Harry & Rose Baby Product Review
- ScrummyU Natural Skincare – Lip balm & Kids Mousse review
- Skinkissed Serum Review
- #BepanthenProtects sponsored by Britmums
- Dermalogica – being a #SKINFLUENCER
- Sunsense and Ego QV review plus about UV and suncare myths.
- THREE Lacura makeup Swaps to save YOU money!
- Stars and Sage Monthly Bath Ritual Box
- Honey & Milk Hempz – beauty products from 100% hemp seed oil