1. Be happy and remember your roots, family is EVERYTHING.
2. Don’t wear holey underwear – make sure you’re wearing some at least.
3. Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
4. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to smash (some) things; but, wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
5. If you’re going to curse, be clever. If you’re going to curse in public, know your audience.
6. Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
7. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
8. Never walk through an alley alone.
9. Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse these.
10. Love whoever you want, I’ll support you.
11. Brush your hair, clean your teeth, eat your breakfast ready for the day.
12. Be less sugar, more spice, and only as nice as you’re able to without compromising yourself.
13. Can’t is a cop-out.
14. Be your own hero.Hold your heroes to a high standard.
15. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
16. Never lie to yourself.
17. Your body, your rules.
18. Practice your passions.
19. Stick to your beliefs.
20. Ask for what you want. The worst thing they can say is no.
21. Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work to make them happen.
22. Stay as sassy as you are.
23. Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food and far-off places.
24. Say Please, Thank You, and Pardon Me, whenever the situation warrants it.
25. Fall hard and forever in love with nothing but yourself.
26. Reserve “I’m sorry” for when you truly are.
27. Naps are for grown-ups, too.
28. Question everything, except your own intuition.
29. You have enough. You are enough.
30. You are amazing! Don’t let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If someone does – run away. You deserve better.
31. No matter where you are, you can always come home.
32. Be happy and remember your family love you.
33. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
34. No one will ever love you more than I do.
35. Be kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you.
36. If in doubt, remember whose daughter you are and straighten your crown – you deserve the best.
For more blog posts like this see:
- In honour of International Women’s Day 2018
- Eva-Beatrix – my first born child
- Reflection 2018
- Winifred Phoenix-Koda – TIPS on how to handle single pregnancy, labour, motherhood.
- The one lesson I’d tell my younger self.
- 100 days of darkness – new motherhood
- I’ve been there – a poem to the new mum
- To my third child for her 1st Birthday.
- Going to baby group and being in a nightclub is the same thing, here’s 10 reasons why