MEAL IDEA FOR FUSSY KIDS.
So, today on my travels about town I came across this bag of Peppa Pig shaped carrots and peas which I thought was a cute idea I could try to get the children to eat their veg! 🥕
Don’t think I impressed the mum nearby while brandishing a bag of peas and carrots with the asshole that is PeppaPig on (c’mon PP can be a bit much on repeat) as “they don’t buy that” and I know buying branded items costs more
… Shouldn’t do it… Save the pennies buy loose etc, however, I bought them anyway. Desperate times. Desperate measures.
- Beef mince.
- An easy packet of Dolmio ‘2 of your 5 a day’ mix.
- Fresh tomatoes.
- Lil’ bit of passata to thicken it up.
- Added in the ‘Peppa Pig veg’
- Brown rice.
- (Never add salt, never measure either oops!)
Trix got involved in the cutting of the tomatoes, did the rice with me and set the table. She was involved. Eager. Positive about the Peppa Pig situation.
SHE ATE IT.
MIRACLES HAVE HAPPENED.
And don’t worry, they had strawberries for after and Peppa Pig muddy puddles (Peppa Pig shaped biscuits dunking in chocolate)
Cost wise came to about £10.8 ÷ 3 = £3.36 per head – three children (I know there’s cheaper meals) BUT you still have your rice, passata to use… And regardless of cost I’ve still got fed children.
Yes I used gimmicks.
And yes I don’t care.
I FEEL SUCCESS.
Bet she wouldn’t eat it again 😂
For more meal ideas see:
- FOUR meal ideas! #meatmatters sponsored by Simply Beef & Lamb.
- Kiddyum Frozen Meals!
- Baby Led Food – NEW sweet spread/ USES of yummy jam!
- Make lunch times fun and stylish – with LunchPunch, Yumbox, Stix and Montii bag.
- Four Bahlsen Recipe Ideas
- Jessie Bakes Lactation Mix/products for nursing mamas!
- ELEVEN ways to use a Pumpkin! Perfect for the season.
- 7 Tips on How Combat Fussy Eaters!
- Pork Schnitzel chips Recipe
- Meal plan for 7 days with Mambeno
- Claudi & Finn mini lollies!
- 50 Meal Ideas For Your Kiddywinks!
- Treat Trunk Box – subscription Snack box for the whole family!