WHO IS THXSILK
The company was established in 2002, THX Silk Inc. (THX) (formerly Suzhou Taihu Snow Silk Co., Ltd.) as they identified a gap in the market for high-quality silk products to the bedding and beauty market!
THX’s commitment to excellent quality and customer service has led to THX’s current ranking as the number one independent supplier of silk bedding products to both the UK and North America market! (Wow!)
THX’s success has been its pro-action and dedication to responsible and ethical trading as well as significant product development and own core material supply center.
- Completely pure
- Natural products.
- The brand name is THXSILK and this is also is their trademark as a reliable brand seller and it’s trademark registered.
Operating as true market innovators, this company has also been the first supplier to bring a number of products into the 25 momme market, including 25-momme pillowcase and eye mask!
WHAT MAKES THEM DIFFERENT TO COMPETITION
Setting THX aside from its competition is the fact that they offer an end to end service, having heavily invested in their material supply center, managing a number of mulberry silk, processing plants, distribution centers to:
- Ensure that all products are ethically sourced
- Manage the importation, supply, and quality of all our products
Click through to contact them on any queries you may have on any of this and their products.
In 2014, they received the following certifications to develop their professional operations:
- AAA Credit Enterprise
- Key Laboratory of Biotechnology of Suzhou Silk
- National Silk Quality Certification
- The Famous Brand of Jiangsu Province
- National Customer Satisfaction Product
- OEKO EU Ecological Textile Certification
- ISO9001:2008 Quality System Certification
- China Silk Top 10 Brands
- IQNET International Certification Association
WHAT I RECEIVED
I was kindly gifted the Luxury 22 Momme Pure Silk Pillowcase (doesn’t come with pillow) and Eye Mask Gift Set which retails on their site at $45.99 USD which translates into £35.63 in British Sterling BUT if you use the special code they gave me thxroze you can get 10% off!
This isn’t a paid post and all opinions are my own – I did research about silk and all links added for your benefit.
Click here to get taken to the Silk gift set.
The eye mask cost separately is $13.99
Pillow cover cost separately is $34.:
SEVEN REASONS BENEFITS OF SILK
1. Keep your face healthy – Silk helps keep moisture close to your skin and will help your skin stay more hydrated than many fabrics on the market. Sleeping on silk is great option for helping your skin maintain its natural moisture!
Silk contains a natural protein and 18 essential amino acids. Studies have shown that amino acids can counter the effects of ageing, especially in the facial skin and can help calm the nervous system. Silk also contains natural cellular albumen, which helps speed up metabolism of skin cells thus helping to reduce signs of aging.
Unlike cotton (which is an absorbent fiber and draws moisture), silk will not absorb natural moisture from your face and hair, or facial beauty creams while you sleep. It therefore allows for more efficient use of night creams, providing better skin hydration which a clearer skin as the end result.
2. Temperature regulator – Silk is a natural heat regulator, maintaining the correct body temperature. It does not conduct heat or static electricity like other fibers. Heat is retained during cold temperatures and redundant heat is shed during warm temperatures, keeping your skin cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Silk’s natural temperature-regulating properties keep you comfortable in every season. It wicks away your body moisture in summer and keeps you warm in winter!
3. Silk can be beneficial for your skin and hair – Sleeping on a silk pillowcase can help your skin stay healthy and smooth and can help reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles.
4. Reduce your chemical exposure – Silk is produced from domesticated silk worms that are bred and raised in captivity. They have no predators to defend against and are pampered throughout their life, helping to produce a fine silk fiber with little chemical exposure. In contrast, many fabrics on the marketplace, are produced from chemically intensive crops that require pesticides, herbicides and other chemical treatments before making it to your bed sheets. So when it comes to luxury bedding, this is one of those cases where less really is more.
5. Hypoallergenic – some of silk’s hypoallergenic properties include a natural resistance to dust mites, fungus and mold, in addition to many other allergens.
6. It’s a true luxury experience – we treat ourselves to a massage, a relaxing day at the beach or a quiet evening in the bathtub but laying your head to rest at night on a silk pillowcase is the perfect way to end your day! So luxurious!
7. Reduce bed head and split ends – sleeping on luxury silk pillowcases will help keep that bed head under control due to the natural properties of silk, including its smooth surface, can help reduce friction on your hair which often causes damage, like spilt ends.
WHAT IS MOMME IN SILK FABRIC
You’re probably wondering what is Momme? What is thread count? Well I’ve added some details just for you!
Mommes (mm), is a unit traditionally used to measure the quality of silk fabrics. One momme = 4.340 grams per square meter; 8 mommes is approximately 1 ounce per square yard or 35 grams per square meter.
The usual range of momme weight for different weaves of silk are:
Gauze—3 to 5 mm
Organza—4 to 6 mm
Habotai—12 to 16 mm
Chiffon—6 to 8 mm (can be made in double thickness, i.e. 12 to 16 mm)
Crepe de Chine—12 to 16 mm
Raw silk—35 to 40 mm (heavier silks appear more ‘wooly’)
Charmeuse—12 to 30 mm
WHAT IS THREAD COUNT?
Thread count or threads per inch (TPI) is a measure of the coarseness or fineness of certain fabrics, most notably cotton. While it is not the definitive measurement of the quality of silk fabrics, it is good for reference when you purchase silk online. It is measured by counting the number of threads contained in one square inch of fabric or one square centimeter, including both the length (warp) and width (weft) threads.
The thread count is the number of threads counted along two sides (up and across) of the square inch, added together.
THE HIGHER THE MOMME THE BETTER?
That all depends on what you require.
The higher the momme weight, the more durable the weave, the more luxurious the fabric is, the more suitable it is for heavy-duty use, and the longer the shelf-life.
Generally, all silks can be washed and the heavier ones can be washed repeatedly. The heavier the silk, the more opaque it becomes. This can vary even between the same kind of silk, for example, lightweight Charmeuse is translucent when used in clothing, but 30-momme charmeuse is opaque. Therefore, it does not mean that you must always buy silk products with higher momme weight. For instance, it would be too heavy to put on 25mm silk sleepwear for the night, but 19mm silk sleepwear is not that durable, though. In a word, it is a question of making proper choices according to your own needs.
HOW TO WASH
1. Turn your silk pillowcase inside out or place inside an old pillowcase or laundry bag to protect your silk during the wash cycle.
2. Place your silk pillowcase in the washing machine on a cold or warm delicate cycle with a maximum water temperature of 30C.
3. Use a laundry detergent that does not contain enzymes or bleach as this will damage your silk pillowcase.
4. Line dry out of direct sunlight.
5. Place straight on your pillow and enjoy your sleep!
WHAT OTHER PRODUCTS ARE THERE
They have a vast selection of items, such as:
- Bed Sheets – flat sheets, fitted sheets, mulberry silk sheet sets.
- Pillows and case – pillowcase, pillow sham, pillows, neck pillows.
- Duvet cover and set.
- Comforters and quilts – blanket/throws, continental quilt, mattress pad, comforter set.
- Sleepwear- silk pajama for women and men
- Accessories – sleeping bag, eye mask, gift and travel set – silk scarf coming soon!
Click here for more details on their collections.
The two items I’ve been trying are fabulous and super high quality as they are both so soft! The eye mask you can alter although I didn’t need to as was perfect first time I put on and fit really well and super comfy so if these are like this I bet there other items are amazing to sleep in!
MY YOUTUBE SHOW AND TELL
EXCLUSIVE Coupon Code for my subscribers. Use code: thxroze for 10% off for the entire order!