Recipe for gluten free brownie:
- 200g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g gluten free flour
- 1 tea spoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 125 mls milk
- 3 medium eggs
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and chocolate (in a microwave) or over a pan of simmering water stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the flour,baking powder, cocoa and sugar.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk and add to the dry ingredients, along with the melted chocolate mixture.
- Beat together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased and lined tin about 15cm(6inch) square tin and bake in a preheated oven bake for about 15-20 minutes at 180C/350fan/gas mark 5 until well risen and firm to touch. (I used cupcakes instead to make it look different)
- Allow to cool and cut into squares and enjoy!!!
2. Recipe for Flapjack (option of filo pastry as a base if wanted)
Gluten free and Vegetarian.
- 225g butter/margarine
- 75g sugar
- 5 table spoons honey
- 350g porridge oats
- handful of raisons
- handful chopped apricots (and or cranberries)
- Melt butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 180 o/350 f
- Once butter, sugar and honey melted add to the oats in a separate mixing bowl.
- Stir until all oats covered.
- (As an extra roll out filo pastry as a base and spread with slight honey)
- Put in a greased tin and make sure its evenly spread out.
- Cook for 15-20 mins.
5. Chocolate Avocado pudding (vegan):
This simple chocolate avocado pudding is a healthy and delicious treat that’s naturally gluten free and dairy free.
- 1 avocado medium sized, ripe
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 5 Tablespoons non-dairy milk
- pistachios or other nut for topping.
- Cut open the avocado and scoop out the pit. Cut it into large chunks and put in the blender and add the cocoa, maple syrup or honey and non-dairy milk.
- Blend, starting on low and then moving to high speed until it is smooth.
- If the avocado is larger – you will need a bit more of each ingredient and if it is too thick, drizzle in a bit more non-dairy milk. Add more cocoa or honey or agave to taste.Refrigerate the pudding and serve cold. Top with pistachios if desired.