During pregnancy you will of course want to be able to feel financially secure as well as spoilt so below I’ve jotted down some companies that offer freebies whether it’s small samples, companies that do competitions or companies that do product testing or influencer marketing PLUS some information on benefit help if required.
WHAT IS ‘FREE?’
1.without cost or payment.“ladies were admitted free”
The word free triggers a happy response from us! It’s different than any other transaction in the business world – as for marketers the word free draws a users eyes to where they want them to go on a specific page to try their product and entices consumers to try because our brains are hardwired to love the feeling of getting something for nothing! People feel like they’re getting in on something exclusive and special.
I love a good sample – try before you buy! Shops and small companies like free sample giveaways because they like how free samples help them connect with customers plus it advertises them so a win win.
- Born gifted – another site with more suggestions all together.
- Magic Freebies – offers a collection of running offers regularly.
- Latest Free Stuff – a great site that has loads of random freebies.
MARKETING COMPANIES/PRODUCT TESTING GROUPS:
Product development’s big business. By checking items work and verifying marketing claims, companies boost sales. Add the power of word-of-mouth recommendations, and it’s clear why they’re happy for you to test goodies for nothing!
The idea’s simple: you test goodies for free in return for your views on whether they work, or sometimes sharing what you think with your friends and family. Some firms may even give you cash on top although not found that yet.
- Super savvy me Trybe
- Product Testing
- Team Come Round UK
- The Insiders UK
- Talk to Mums
- Emmas Diary Parent Squad
- Tesco Home Panels – Free Tesco products
- Alba Science: Free cosmetics
- Pinecone – Super-secretive invite-only freebies
- Toluna: Big brand freebies
- Boots Volunteer Panel – Free health & beauty goodies, incl No7
- New. Home Tester Club: Groceries & more
- i-Say Top-paying survey site that also dishes out freebies
- Phillips Product testing
- Elemis Product testing
- Glamour Beauty Club
Top ‘review and share’ sites
‘Review and share’ sites are where companies send freebies, but instead of just asking for feedback, they also ask you to discuss products with pals and on social media. This could mean handing out money-off coupons to mates or posting on Facebook or Twitter.
Once a task is completed, you send the company a link to a blog comment/Twitter post or submit a ‘report’ of a conversation with a friend. You’ll be ranked based on how often and how well you share.
The sites say you should never spam about the products, and you can share both positive and negative experiences – what you say is up to you.
Join some of these baby companies as they offer competitions and information:
Offer cute packs at Boots, Asda or Superdrug. The pack is stuffed with try before you buy samples (one even has a size 1 with 22 pampers nappies in!) and products, plus lots of money off vouchers and exclusive offers to help lower the cost of your pregnancy, however, some of the vouchers are for places you can’t use or the item is still expensive. They give lots of information on pregnancy but the leaflets on prams and nursery furniture can be a bit much if you’re on a budget.
- Cow & Gate
- Your baby club
- Mam (Giveaways on their social pages)
- Emma’s Diary
Healthy start scheme – free vitamins, milk, fruit and vegetables. If you receive certain benefits, you may entitled to free vitamins, milk, fruit, vegetables and infant formula while you are pregnant or have a child under four years old. There are also places that help like Homestart and Surestart in regards to socialising your children so free play areas!
Now restricted for families if one parent earns over £50,000 and withdrawn completely from families where one parent earns over £60,000. So if you’re a single parent with two children and have a baby after April 2017 you won’t receive any extra benefits but can claim on child benefit and it’s taken out of your Tax credits (from my experience) You can currently claim Child Benefit as soon as your baby is born and you’ll get £20.70 a week for your eldest/only child, and an extra £13.70 for any additional children.
Offer help in what benefits you can claim.
Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly – or twice a month for some people in Scotland.
You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income or out of work.
This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
If you live in Northern Ireland, go to Universal Credit in Northern Ireland.
If you already get benefits:
Universal Credit will replace the following benefits:
- Child Tax Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Working Tax Credit
If you currently receive any of these benefits, you cannot claim Universal Credit at the same time.
Universal Credit is being introduced in stages across the UK. You do not need to do anything until you hear from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) about moving to Universal Credit, unless you have a change in circumstances.
Severe disability premium
You cannot claim Universal Credit if you either:
- get the severe disability premium, or are entitled to it
- got or were entitled to the severe disability premium in the last month, and you’re still eligible for it
If you have a change of circumstances that affects the severe disability premium or your other benefits, report it and you’ll be told what to do next.
There’s also maternity exemption that your midwife gives you – you’re entitled to free dental care and prescriptions while you’re pregnant and for one year after the birth.
Products for children:
- Child’s Farm – product review
- Ecoco box | Five reasons to try Eco and Organic Beauty
- Organic Lavender products for babies – by Green people!
- Lottie Dolls – Toys for all genders.
- 20 Christmas Toys Gift guide age 4 to 10
- ‘Free from’ products for your littles – HiPP Organic
- HIPP Organic ‘FREE FROM’ skincare|REVIEW
- PeppaPig Meal Idea For Fussy Kids
- #BepanthenProtects sponsored by Britmums
- Sunsense and Ego QV review plus about UV and suncare myths.
- Vlog Orchard Toys
- Vlog Safety first
- Vlog Tidy Tot Bib Tray
- Vlog Bassett Vitamins
Products for mama:
- Bemama – product review.
- Pixi Beauty #pixipretties make up looks
- UXB Cream Cleanser / Review and skin Routine
- Nioxin Diaboost Review
- Friendly Soap/ Review on natural Soap Bars
- Skinkissed Serum Review
- Stars and Sage Monthly Bath Ritual Box
- Honey & Milk Hempz – beauty products from 100% hemp seed oil
- PROCOAL London – about Activated Charcoal plus Clay Mask and Powder Review
- Vlog Pixi glow
- Vlog Eves Parcel
- NEVEO photo album | Gift idea for Grandparents
- Mothers Day skincare gifts – high end VS drugstore.
- HAIR LOSS ADVICE / INFORMATION / PRODUCT RECOMMENDATION
- Top 11 Subscription Boxes you need to try / Gift Guide
- Jessie Bakes Lactation Mix/products for nursing mamas!
Blog posts on things I’ve been gifted through Promo Campaigns:
- Campbell Read and Play Book Parties / Kids Activities
- Emma’s Diary Parent Squad Palmers Samples Review Mission
- SPILLING TEA – companies I’ve worked with in my FIRST YEAR of blogging!
- Dental Hygiene and toothpaste review!
- Reviewing a ‘Tryit UK’ box
- Vlog The Insiders UK
- Flash SpeedMop / Savvy Circle Review
For blog posts on motherhood see:
- 15 Tips I’ve Learnt since becoming a mum
- Five pieces of ‘New Baby’ advice I disagree with
- An apology poem to my eldest daughter.
- 10 things you never knew about Meconium – babies first poo!
- Time to Talk
- Poem for my second born baby.
- Five pieces of ‘New Baby’ advice I disagree with
- What to pack in your hospital bag for new baby!
- The bit on baby wearing!
- An interview with ‘One Grieving Mama’
- I’ve been there – a poem to the new mum
- Winifred Phoenix-Koda – TIPS on how to handle single pregnancy, labour, motherhood.
- 9 varieties of breasts and combination feeding facts
- WAVE OF LIGHT
- 100 days of darkness – new motherhood
- Oscar – Starting his new chapter BIG SCHOOL!
- The one lesson I’d tell my younger self.